Jan 6, 2010

To the last Arabian



 

Dina Elkady



He kissed his mother’s face
Asked her not to wear black
Not to weep if he didn’t come back
And as he walk through
She already knew.
And with every ray of the sun
Hundreds like him are gone.

From the holy mosque
The wind blew scent of death
Along with a child’s last laughter
And a widowed woman’s kiss
The scent is strong and clear
Whispering a brave martyr’s breath

Every day Arabs are dying
Every day my people are buried
Under a Palestinian old tree,
Beneath a debris
And everyone said his or her word,
Everyone said I agree
Let them die silently
And put in the coffin
A peace process guarantee

I see blood everywhere
On my hands
On your hands
I see how weak I’m, how bland
Bluntly I stand
Saying farewell to my home, my dignity, and my land
Bluntly I stand
Watching the vanishing of Palestine sacred sand


I bow, sincerely
I bow for you my people
For sitting in the audience row
For being part of the show
I bow, for every moment
of grief we refused to know
For every day we ignored to say no.
For every night we went to sleep
Leaving our children in fear and woe.


I watch like you, like everyone my people
Paralyzed and in shame
And I can’t even cry
My tears are angry and my sadness is lame
I ask myself who am I
A disgraced Arabian that’s what I became
Who am I?
A coward by no other name
Who am I?
I’m just a fake claim



I die every moment, more than once in a day
Under my own siege of silence
For all my people I let down
For my entire race I mourn in dismay
What can I say….
What can I say????
Words have no meaning
They die slowly
Before I dare to pray…!


No comments:

Post a Comment